Thursday, October 8, 2015

F*ck Contamination. I miss food.

*Sigh*
  After months of struggling and being sick, I got better. I felt great. Life got easier and my energy level went up. This past  weekend, I got an Instacart delivery and it included a probiotic, from a brand that is usually super safe and Gluten Free. The only thing I did differently was go for a plant based probiotic, rather than a yogurt. My mistake. Well, on Sunday morning I took a sip, just A sip and as I did so I read the label, it was not Gluten Free. I thought to myself "FUCK MY LIFE." Now I am paying the price. My stomach is swollen and sore, my brain is foggy, I have had constant gas, my energy level is that of an 85-year-old man with heart issues, and the pain made me pass out.

  Sunday night was the absolute worst so far. I felt the repercussions of my careless actions. I ended up throwing up for about thirty minutes straight and then it turned into a "What will come first" coordinated dance between sitting on the toilet and kneeling at the toilet. Eventually, I was just throwing up. Eventually, that throwing up was just dry heaving and the pain caused me to pass out a couple of times. I woke up feeling a bit better and magically was able to crawl up into my loft and go to sleep.

   A little side track here because I know what some of you are thinking. I know some of you are thinking "Why didn't you go to the hospital?!? Oh, my god! Go to the hospital if you're passing out!" Yeah, my pain doesn't work that way. See, since my diagnosis my pain threshold has gone up significantly. I have been that patient in the ER for pain not asking for drugs or being dramatic, I have been the one lying there, calmly, with the occasional tear running down their face, that ends up passing out and still in pain after a run-of-the-mill dosage of Vicodin. Now, I have a better grasp about what to expect and pain management. I never ask for narcotics or opiates, because they don't work for me, they make me loopy but in pain. I ask for IV ibuprofen- I won't give a drug name because most people will just be wondering what the hell it is. Anyway, to answer your question- I don't go because there isn't anything they can do to help my pain and I will pass out no matter what. I have seen a doctor for this and they told me, in short, I don't notice pain and I pass out because of all the endorphins my body is producing to fight that pain.

  Anyway, Monday I was stuck on the toilet for about four hours in the morning. I felt slow and tired and it has carried on to today. There has been a whole lot less poop, though.

  I am on a liquid diet because my body can't digest food properly right now. Right now I have about two days worth of solid food just sitting in my small intestine. It was pressing on my diaphragm after dinner last night and making it had to breath. That was a sign to do the liquid diet for three to five days. My stomach is swollen, sore, and hurts to the touch.  I am extremely uncomfortable. I am exhausted. I hurt. Most importantly, I am grumpy and I want solid food. I miss solid food. This is not a good way to be starting my liquid diet. I know it will help me feel better and I will hopefully be back to my healthy self by the end of next week.
                                                            Me, missing food.

No comments:

Post a Comment